Johnson & Johnson (J&J) recently lost a trial, alleging the use of its talcum powder (baby powder) caused ovarian cancer in a woman.
The jury returned a verdict in the amount of $72 million against the company.
Similar lawsuits have been filed and are expected to proceed to trial as well.
The screening criteria to determine if a woman is eligible to file a talcum powder cancer lawsuit include:
- The cancer must be an ovarian-type cancer.
- The use of baby powder must have been a daily habit with five years of minimum use.
- The woman must have used Johnson & Johnson baby powder.
- The woman must have dusted her genital area with the talcum powder.
- There must be positive biopsy showing evidence of talcum powder.
- The woman must not have a genetic disorder pre-disposing her to ovarian cancer, like the BRCA 1 gene or BRCA 2 gene.
Most women are diagnosed with ovarian cancer between the ages of 40 and 60. Talcum powder is not a prescription drug and is sold on shelves in pharmacies and grocery stores. Johnson & Johnson baby powder is the most widely used and recognizable brand of this product.
In most defective product cases, especially defective drugs, the person harmed has a prescription, pharmacy record, or some other evidence of the purchase and use of the product.
Unlike other cases, there is usually no such evidence in a talcum powder lawsuits. Rather, the woman — or her surviving family members — testify that it was the habit and custom to use Johnson & Johnson talcum powder and no other brand. This is, oftentimes, all that is necessary to prove product identification.
Our Talcum Powder Lawsuit Lawyers Can Help You
Our attorneys can help if you or someone you care about was harmed by talcum powder.
Lawsuits have been filed against the manufacturer, by both patients and their families, seeking compensation for ovarian cancer caused by this dangerous product.
You may be entitled to a settlement. Our lawyers will help you file your lawsuit.
Our No Fee Promise on Talcum Powder Ovarian Cancer Lawsuits
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started.
- We pay all case costs and expenses.
- No legal fees whatsoever, unless you receive a settlement.
- Phone calls are always free.
Start Your Johnson & Johnson Talcum Powder Lawsuit
Our lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-3417 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing talcum powder lawsuit claims.