File Bair Hugger Lawsuit
Several lawsuits have already been filed against Bair Hugger warming blanket manufacturer 3M. Settlements in these cases are expected to be substantial.
You may be eligible to file a Bair Hugger lawsuit if you or a loved one has suffered harm after surgery that used one of these devices.
What are the Criteria for Filing a Bair Hugger Lawsuit?
The 3M Bair Hugger is a force hot air warming blanket, used primarily to help maintain a patient’s body temperature during surgery. The 3M Bair Hugger pushes warm air through a flexible hose into a blanket draped over a patient.
However, warming blankets can recirculate contaminated air over a patient’s body, including over an open surgical site. This may result in infections like MRSA or sepsis.
In particular, patients undergoing knee or hip replacement surgery are at risk of infections deep in the joint, which is very difficult to treat.
Complications from these infections include hospitalization, implant revision surgery, limited mobility, permanent disability, amputation and death.
To file a Bair Hugger Lawsuit, the following criteria must be met:
- Underwent total hip or total knee replacement
- Surgery occurred after September 9, 2010
- Infection occurred within one year of the hip or knee replacement
- Infection was so severe that it resulted in the eventual removal of the initial hip or knee replacement device
Why File a Bair Hugger Lawsuit?
Bair Hugger lawsuits are filed against 3M, the company the manufactures the device. Lawsuit allegations include that 3M:
- Failed to warn the public of the risks of the Bair Hugger warming blankets
- Failed to properly test Bair Hugger warming blankets for dangerous side-effects
- Withheld research data from the public about Bair Hugger warming blanket dangers
- Sold Bair Hugger warming blankets even though they knew it could be dangerous
- Manufactured and sold an unsafe product
Compensation in Bair Hugger Lawsuits
Settlements in Bair Hugger warming blanket lawsuits provide compensation for pain and suffering. Damages also include the cost of medical expenses, disability, lost income and psychological damages.
Are You Eligible To File A Bair Hugger Lawsuit?
If you underwent surgery that required the use of a Bair Hugger warming blanket, and subsequently developed a serious infection that lead to further complications, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit for your complications. Our legal team will review your medical records to determine if you have a case.
Our No Fee Promise on Bair Hugger Cases
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free.
Start Your Bair Hugger Warming Blanket Claim
Our Bair Hugger warming blanket lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Bair Hugger warming blanket lawsuit claims.