DePuy Hip Recall Information
In August 2010, DePuy Orthopedics voluntarily recalled both the ASR XL Acetabular System and the ASR Hip Resurfacing System, citing a higher than normal failure rate. Additionally, the DePuy Pinnacle hip implant has caused several complications to patients, but has yet to be recalled.
Many patients who have received DePuy hip implant devices have experienced severe complications, including:
- Early failure rates/difficulty walking
- Joint slippage/component loosening
- Metallosis (metal poisoning)
- Periprosthetic osteolysis (bone fracturing)
- Dislocation of the implant
Although the FDA does not require premarket testing of hip implant devices, manufacturers are obligated to design and sell safe products to the public. Additionally, they are responsible for warning patients of any risks or dangers associated with their devices. When a patient suffers significant complications or injuries due to a defective DePuy hip device, it may warrant legal action. DePuy can be held liable for the injuries suffered by the patient.
Our No Fee Promise on Hip Replacement Cases
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free.
Start Your Hip Replacement Claim
Our hip replacement lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing hip replacement lawsuit claims.