Commonly asked questions about Zimmer knee replacement devices:
- What are Zimmer knee replacement devices?
- What are complications of Zimmer knee replacement devices?
- What are the types of Zimmer knee replacement devices?
- FDA issues recommendations about Zimmer knee replacement devices
- TV commercial about Zimmer knee replacement lawsuits
- Can I file a defective Zimmer knee lawsuit?
- Our no-fee promise on Zimmer cases
- How do I start a Zimmer knee replacement claim?
Recently, there have been increasing concerns about knee replacement devices manufactured by Zimmer Holdings. Some of these devices have caused serious harm and injury to people who have had knee replacement surgery. If you have received knee replacement surgery and are experiencing complications, you may have a case against the device manufacturer.
What Are Zimmer Knee Replacement Devices?
The Zimmer kneee replacement device is designed for those who need knee replacement when there knee is no longer active because of pain or injury. High flexion is a component in Zimmer knee replacement devices that promotes particular activities that involve constant movement in legs, like sports such as golf, running, or even gardening.
This is a minimally invasive tecnique that is made to preserve your body’s natural anatomy and is helping many people get back to life and work faster than patients who undergo a traditional knee replacement surgery.
What Are Complications Of Zimmer Knee Replacement Devices?
Although knee surgery is often deemed as safe, there are still a number of complications that can occur when implanting this device.
The most common complications include:
- Surgical complications – Infection, heart attack, or stroke due to surgical trauma can be possible, yet small infections can be treated with antibiotics.
- Blood clots – One of the biggest post-surgical risks of knee replacement include blood clots; which can become life threatening if they come loose and travel to the lungs.
- Nerve Damage – In rare cases, nerve damage can occur to the knee and regions close to the leg.
FDA released other complications that can be caused by the Zimmer knee replacement devices which include but aren’t limited to:
- Bone fracture
- Nerve damage
- Leg length discrepancies
- Poor range of motion
- Delayed wound healing
It is always crucial to review with you doctor on the risks and complications that can occur once deciding to implant a Zimmer knee replacement device.
What Are The Types Of Zimmer Knee Replacement Devices?
The following medical device companies manufacture Zimmer knee replacement devices:
- Zimmer Natural-Knee Durasul All-Poly Patella
- Zimmer NexGen® LPS-Flex GSF
- Zimmer MIS Tibial Component
- Zimmer’s Persona Trabecular Metal Tibial Plate
FDA Issues Recommendations About Zimmer Knee Replacement Devices
The FDA states that Zimmer Inc. is initiating a voluntary recall of Zimmer knee replacement devices due to an increase in complaints of radiolucent lines and loosening. All sizes and lots of the affected devices are being removed from distribution. Urgent Medical Device Recall notices were issued to affected distributors, hospitals, and surgeons on 2/16/2015 via mail. Customers are asked to review the notification and ensure affected personnel are aware of the contents. All affected product are to be located and quarantined immediately.
TV Commercial About Zimmer Knee Replacement Lawsuits
Can I File A Defective Zimmer Knee Lawsuit?
Our dangerous device attorneys can help if you or someone you care about was harmed by knee replacement surgery. Lawsuits have been filed against the device makers by both patients and their families seeking compensation for injuries caused by the dangerous devices. You may be entitled to a settlement. We do not charge any legal fees unless you receive a settlement and we pay all of the case costs. If your claim is not successful for any reason, you do not owe us anything. We put it all in writing for you. Our defective knee lawyers will help you file your lawsuit.
Our No-Fee Promise on Zimmer Cases
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free
How Do I Start A Zimmer Knee Replacement Claim?
Our knee replacement lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-3417 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing knee replacement lawsuit claims.