Knee Replacement Lawsuits: Complication Lawsuits
Commonly asked questions about knee replacement devices:
- What are Knee Replacement Devices?
- What are Complications of Knee Replacement Devices?
- What are the Types of Knee Replacement Devices?
- What are the Criteria for Filing an ATTUNE Knee System Lawsuit?
- Can I File a Defective Knee Replacement Lawsuit?
- Our No-Fee Promise on Knee Replacement Cases
- How Do I Start a Knee Replacement Claim?
Recently, there have been increasing concerns about knee replacement devices. Some of these devices have caused serious harm and injury to people who have had knee replacement surgery. If you have received knee replacement surgery and are experiencing complications, you may have a case against the device manufacturer.
What Are Knee Replacement Devices?
Knee replacement devices are designed for those who need knee replacement when their knee is no longer active because of pain or injury. High flexion is a component in knee replacement devices that promotes particular activities that involve constant movement in legs, like sports such as golf, running, or even gardening.
This is a minimally invasive tecnique that is made to preserve your body’s natural anatomy and is helping many people get back to life and work faster than patients who undergo a traditional knee replacement surgery.
What Are Complications Of Knee Replacement Devices?
Although knee surgery is often deemed as safe, there are still a number of complications that can occur when implanting this device.
The most common complications include:
- Surgical complications – Infection, heart attack, or stroke due to surgical trauma can be possible, yet small infections can be treated with antibiotics.
- Blood clots – One of the biggest post-surgical risks of knee replacement include blood clots; which can become life threatening if they come loose and travel to the lungs.
- Nerve Damage – In rare cases, nerve damage can occur to the knee and regions close to the leg.
FDA released other complications that can be caused by knee replacement devices, which include but aren’t limited to:
- Bone fracture
- Nerve damage
- Leg length discrepancies
- Poor range of motion
- Delayed wound healing
It is always crucial to review with you doctor on the risks and complications that can occur once deciding to implant a knee replacement device.
What Are The Types Of Knee Replacement Devices?
Zimmer Holdings, now known as Zimmer Biomet, manufactures several knee replacement devices, including:
Recently, there have recently been several reports of these devices failing due to loosening of the tibial components.
What are the Criteria for Filing an ATTUNE Knee System Lawsuit?
Despite the overall high success rate in knee replacement surgeries, researchers have identified larger-than-usual failure rates with the DePuy Synthes ATTUNE® Knee System.
Problems with ATTUNE include loosening of the tibial component at the implant-cement interface within the first two years after implant. Patients often present with pain on weight bearing, swelling, and decreased range of motion.
Researchers believe that these failures are likely underreported, as competing companies cannot provide data on the revision components that they replace.
We are currently investigating cases involving individuals who have undergone revision surgery due to loosening after a knee replacement using an ATTUNE device.
Can I File A Defective Knee Replacement Lawsuit?
Our dangerous device attorneys can help if you or someone you care about was harmed by knee replacement surgery.
Lawsuits have been filed against the device makers by both patients and their families seeking compensation for injuries caused by the dangerous devices. You may be entitled to a settlement.
We do not charge any legal fees unless you receive a settlement and we pay all of the case costs. If your claim is not successful for any reason, you do not owe us anything. We put it all in writing for you.
Our defective knee lawyers will help you file your lawsuit.
Our No-Fee Promise on Knee Replacement Cases
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free
How Do I Start A Knee Replacement Claim?
Our knee replacement lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-3417 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing knee replacement lawsuit claims.