File Morcellator Lawsuit
It is estimated that 600,000 hysterectomies are performed in the U.S. each year, 90% of which are for the treatment of benign tumors called fibroids. After surgery when the presumed fibroids are tested, about 1 in 350 prove to be cancerous.
If power morcellation is performed in women with unsuspected uterine sarcoma, there is a risk that the procedure will spread the cancerous tissue within the abdomen and pelvis, significantly worsening the patient’s long-term survival.
Several women have already filed lawsuits against morcellator manufacturers. Settlements are expected to be substantial.
You may be eligible to file a morcellator lawsuit if you or a family member suffered harm as a result of morcellator surgery.
Why File a Morcellator Lawsuit?
Morcellator lawsuits are filed against several different manufacturers of the device. Lawsuit allegations include that these manufacturers:
- Failed to warn the public of the risks of morcellator surgery
- Failed to properly test morcellators for dangerous side-effects
- Withheld research data from the public about morcellator dangers
- Sold morcellators even though they knew it could be dangerous
- Manufactured and sold an unsafe product
Compensation in Morcellator Lawsuits
Settlements in morcellator lawsuits provide compensation for pain and suffering, as well as psychological damage. Damages also include medical expenses and lost wages.
Are You Eligible To File a Morcellator Lawsuit?
If you underwent surgery involving the use of a morcellator and developed uterine cancer, you may be able to file a lawsuit for your complications. Our legal team will review your medical records to determine if you have a case.
Below is the criteria required to file a morcellator lawsuit against the device manufacturer:
- Must be female
- Underwent hysterectomy or surgery to remove fibroids where a morcellator was used
- Subsequently diagnosed with uterine sarcoma, a type of cancer, within weeks to months
We do not charge any legal fees unless you receive a settlement and we pay all of the case costs. If your claim is not successful for any reason, you do not owe us anything. We put it all in writing for you. Our morcellator cancer lawyers will help you file your lawsuit.
Our No-Fee Promise on Morcellator Cases
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free.
Start Your Morcellator Claim
Our morcellator lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-3417 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing morcellator lawsuit claims.