Commonly asked questions about Stryker spine plates:
- What are Stryker spine plates?
- What are complications of Stryker spine plates?
- What are claims of Stryker spine plates?
- What Types Of Stryker OASYS Spine Plates Are Recalled?
- Can I File A Stryker Spine Plate Lawsuit?
- Our No-Fee Promise on Stryker Spine Plate Cases
- How Do I Start A Stryker Spine Plate Claim?
- Stryker OASYS Spine Plate Side Effects, Recall Information & Settlements
What Are Stryker Spine Plates?
The Stryker OASYS Midline Occipital Plate is a spinal plate that was used in cervical spinal fusion surgery. This device was introduced in April 2010 for patients who required stabilization at the junction between the occipital bone and the vertebrae in the cervical spine.
Unfortunately, reports of adverse effects were reported early after the device hit the market. In April 2013, Stryker issued an Urgent Medical Device Recall for all OASYS Midline Occipital Plates distributed between April 23, 2010 and February 12, 2013. Since then, lawsuits have been filed against Stryker for complications such as blood loss, nerve injuries, and the need for revision surgeries.
It is important to note that the Class I recall is the most serious type of device recall in which there is a reasonable probability that the use of the product will cause serious adverse health consequences or even death.
What Are Complications Of Stryker Spine Plates?
There have been allegations against Stryker that their OASYS Midline Occipital Plate has caused serious complications in many patients who received them. Some of these complications include:
- Excessive blood loss
- Nerve Injuries
What Are Claims Of Stryker Spine Plates?
Lawsuits have been filed against Stryker for manufacturing a product with poor design, as well as failing to notify doctors and patients of the potential adverse side-effects. If you or a loved one have been injured after receiving a Stryker spine plate, you may be able to file a lawsuit and receive compensation.
These lawsuits will seek compensation for lost wages, physical damages, and more. Settlements in Stryker spinal plate lawsuits will also help cover the cost of medical expenses, including the cost of revision surgery to remove or correct a faulty Stryker spinal plate, and the routine post-operative follow up and care.
Settlements in Stryker spinal plate lawsuits are expected to be substantial due to the seriousness of the injuries sustained. It is important to contact an attorney as soon as possible if you or a loved one have been injured by a Stryker spinal plate device, as there are very specific time deadlines that must be met when filing dangerous medical device lawsuits. If you miss your deadline, you will be unable to pursue a claim.
What Types Of Stryker OASYS Spine Plates Are Recalled?
Stryker has recalled five OASYS spine plate models. The recalled part numbers and models can be found below.
|OASYS Midline Occiput Plate||Small||48551044|
|OASYS Midline Occiput Plate||Medium||48551045|
|OASYS Midline Occiput Plate||Large||48551046|
|OASYS Midline Occiput Plate||Large Long||48551047|
|OASYS Midline Occiput Plate||Mini||48551048|
Can I File A Stryker Spine Plate Lawsuit?
Our Stryker spine plate lawyers can help if you or someone you care about has been injured by a Stryker OASYS Midline Occipital Plate. Lawsuits have been filed against the device maker by both patients and their families, seeking compensation for their pain and suffering. You may be entitled to a settlement.
The criteria for filing a Stryker spine plate lawsuit include the following:
- Patient was implanted with the Stryker Spine-OASYS Midline Occiput Plate
- The implanted device was manufactured between April 23, 2010 and February 12, 2013
- Patient’s device fractured, or
- Patient has had or has scheduled revision surgery to replace the device
We do not charge any legal fees at all to pursue a claim. We will pay all the case costs. Only after you receive your settlement will you be responsible for payment. If your claim is unsuccessful for any reason, you will owe nothing. We put it all in writing for you.
Our No-Fee Promise on Stryker Spine Plate Cases
You can afford to have our great team of Stryker spine plate lawyers on your side. If you choose us, it literally costs you nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a Stryker spine plate settlement
- Phone calls are always free
How Do I Start A Stryker Spine Plate Claim?
Our Stryker spine plate lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-3417 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Stryker spine plate lawsuit claims.
Stryker OASYS Spine Plate Side Effects, Recall Information & Settlements
Learn more about Stryker OASYS Midline Occipital Plate side effects.
Get information about Stryker OASYS Midline Occipital Plate recalls.
Find a Styker OASYS lawyer.
Stryker Spine News – Lawsuits, Settlements, Information
- A list of the 22 largest settlements reached between the United States Department of Justice and pharmaceutical
- KALAMAZOO, Mich — Stryker Orthopedics, widely viewed as the largest manufacturer of medical equipment and orthopedic devices,
- In April 2013, Stryker issued an Urgent Medical Device Recall of its OASYS Midline Occipital Plate product
- Stryker spine plate lawsuits are being filed throughout the United States due to serious complications that have