Exjade Lawsuit: File Exjade GI Lawsuit
Important lawsuit information about Exjade:
- Exjade GI lawsuits
- Why file an Exajde GI lawsuit?
- Are you eligible to file an Exjade GI lawsuit?
- What should I expect in an Exjade GI settlement?
- Our Exjade GI lawyers can help
- Our no-fee promise on Exjade GI claims
- Start your Exjade GI claim
- Exjade GI lawyer review
Novartis AG recently agreed to pay $390 million to settle a lawsuit in which the U.S. government claimed the Swiss company paid kickbacks to pharmacies to boost sales of some of its prescription drugs, including Exjade.
The U.S. sued Novartis over Exjade, claiming the company had referred patients to specialty pharmacies and paid kickbacks in the form of rebates to get those pharmacies to recommend the drug to patients and to increase sales.
“We are not admitting liability, we are also not denying it,” Novartis Chief Executive Officer Joe Jimenez told Bloomberg. “We are just settling it and putting it behind us.”
The U.S. Department of Justice was seeking $3.3 billion in fines and damages.
The government reportedly said specialty pharmacies also submitted thousands of fraud-tainted reimbursement claims to Medicare and Medicaid for the two drugs.
The settlement allows Novartis to avoid a trial that was set for Nov. 2 in Manhattan federal court.
Why File a Exjade GI Lawsuit?
Lawsuits can been filed against the drug manufacturer for harm caused by Exjade, including:
- Renal impairment, including failure
- Hepatic impairment, including failure
- Gastrointestinal hemorrhage
Are You Eligible To File an Exjade GI Lawsuit?
If you have experienced one or more of the following injuries within 48 hours of using Exjade, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit for your complications. Our legal team will review your medical records to determine if you have a case.
Exjade has been associated with increased risks of serious side effects, including:
- Gastrointestinal Ulceration
- Gastrointestinal Hemmorhage
- Gastrointestinal Perforation
- Severe Skin Rash/Reaction
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (SJS)
- Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TEX)
What Should I Expect in an Exjade GI Settlement?
Novartis AG, the manufacturer of Exjade, may have withheld information about the risk of renal and hepatic impairment. As a result, plaintiff(s) could potentially receive compensation, which may include:
- Costs of lawsuit incurred
- Compensatory and general damages
- Punitive damages
- Special and incidental damages, including medical expenses and lost wages
- Loss of enjoyment of life, pain and suffering, and disability
- Wrongful death damages, if person died due to this dangerous drug
Our Exjade GI Lawyers Can Help
Our dangerous drug attorneys can help you if someone you love has been diagnosed with Gastrointestinal Issues after taking Exjade.
Lawsuits are expected to be filed against the makers of this medication. You may be entitled to a settlement.
Our No-Fee Promise on Exjade Cases
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free.
Start Your Exjade Claim
Our Exjade lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call 1-866-280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Exjade lawsuit claims.