Januvia & Janumet Complications: Pancreatic Cancer
Commonly asked questions about Januvia and its link to pancreatic cancer:
- Can Januvia cause you to develop pancreatic cancer?
- Does the use of Januvia increase your risk of developing pancreatic cancer?
- What are the symptoms of pancreatic cancer?
- What severe side effects are associated with the use of Januvia?
- What are the less severe side effects associated with the use of Januvia?
- Can I file a Januvia pancreatic cancer lawsuit?
- Our no fee promise on Januvia cases
- Januvia pancreatic cancer lawyer review
Can Januvia Cause You To Develop Pancreatic Cancer?
Another serious complication associated with type 2 diabetes drugs such as Januvia and Janumet is the risk of pancreatic cancer.
Many patients who have been prescribed these medications have been diagnosed with this potentially life-threatening disease. Although many studies have linked this risk to Janumet and Januvia, prescriptions for these drugs have continued to rise every year since they were introduced in 2007.
Does The Use Of Januvia Increase Your Risk Of Developing Pancreatic Cancer?
On March 14, 2013, the FDA announced new evidence indicating Januvia can cause “pre-cancerous cellular changes” in the pancreas. UCLA researchers determined the drugs increase the mass of the pancreas. Additionally, according to a study published in Gastroenterology, people who take these drugs to help manage diabetes are 2.7 times more likely to develop pancreatic cancer.
Pancreatic cancer is a particularly troubling cancer as it rarely shows any signs or symptoms of its presence until the tumor has grown large enough to be a life-threatening concern. Pancreatic cancer can also be brought on by pancreatitis.
What Are The Symptoms Of Pancreatic Cancer
According to Cancer.net Pancreatic cancer can be present without showing any symptoms. Many times, signs of the disease do not appear until the cancer has reached its later stages. When symptoms do appear, it is important to see a doctor immediately. Here are some of the most common symptoms associated with this cancer.
- Upper abdominal pain that radiates to your back
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss without reason
- Feelings of depression
- Blood clots
- Nausea and Vomiting
What Severe Side Effects Are Associated With The Use Of Januvia?
There are several severe side effects that RXlist recommends that you should be on the look out for when taking Januvia, these side effects include:
- Pancreatitis: Severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting as well as loss of appetite, fast heart rate and urinating less than usual or not at all.
- Weight gain
- Short of breath
- Severe skin reaction: fever, sore throat, swelling in face or tongue, burning in eyes, skin pain followed by a red or purple rash
What Are The Less Severe Side Effects Associated With The Use of Januvia?
According to RXList many people who use Januvia do not experience any serious side effects. The less severe side effects that may occur with Januvia include:
- Runny of stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Back pain
- Joint or muscle pain
- Stomach Pain
Can I file a Januvia Pancreatic Cancer Lawsuits
Our dangerous drug attorneys can help if you or someone you care about suffered from pancreatic cancer as a result of taking Januvia or Janumet.
The following criteria must be met to file a lawsuit against Merck, the drug manufacturer:
- Suffered from pancreatic cancer
- Took the drug for at least one year prior to diagnosis
Lawsuits have already been filed against Merck by both patients and their families seeking compensation for injuries caused by this dangerous drug.
You may be entitled to a settlement. We do not charge any legal fees unless you receive a settlement and we pay all of the case costs. If your claim is not successful for any reason, you do not owe us anything. We put it all in writing for you.
Our No Fee Promise on Januvia & Janumet Cases
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free
Start Your Januvia or Janumet Claim
Our Januvia and Janumet lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-3417 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Victoza lawsuit claims.