Multaq Complications: Heart Failure
Commonly asked questions about the link between Multaq and heart failure:
- Can Multaq cause heart failure?
- Does Multaq increase the risk of developing heart failure?
- Can I file a Multaq heart failure lawsuit?
- What are the symptoms associated with heart failure?
- What are the serious side effects of Multaq?
- What are the less serious side effects of Multaq?
- How to start your Multaq heart failure claim
Can Multaq Cause Heart Failure?
Numerous studies have linked Multaq (dronedarone) to heart damage.
In 2005, a clinical trial of Multaq in patients with heart damage but no atrial fibrillation was stopped because Multaq doubled the risk of death due to worsening of the existing heart failure.
Since the controversial drug’s approval, more than 100 new or worsened heart damage cases have been reported.
In 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration revised the warning section of the Multaq label to note cases of worsening heart damage in some patients taking the drug. The FDA also warned of possible signals linking Multaq to a form of heart arrhythmia called torsade de pointes.
Does Multaq Increase The Risk Of Developing Heart Failure?
If you have any pre existing heart conditions before taking Multaq, the use of Multaq could double your chance of death.
Can I File A Multaq Heart Failure Lawsuit?
Our dangerous drug attorneys can help if you or someone you care about suffered from heart failure due to taking Multaq. Our attorneys are currently investigating claims against the drug manufacturer by both patients and their families seeking compensation for injuries caused by this medication. You may be entitled to a substantial settlement.
What Are The Symptoms of Heart Failure?
Heart damage can be ongoing (chronic), or your condition may start suddenly (acute). According to the Mayo Clinic, heart failure signs and symptoms may include:
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea) when you exert yourself or when you lie down
- Fatigue and weakness
- Swelling (edema) in your legs, ankles and feet
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Reduced ability to exercise
- Persistent cough or wheezing with white or pink blood-tinged phlegm
- Increased need to urinate at night
- Swelling of your abdomen (ascites)
- Sudden weight gain from fluid retention
- Lack of appetite and nausea
- Difficulty concentrating or decreased alertness
- Sudden, severe shortness of breath and coughing up pink, foamy mucus
- Chest pain if your heart failure is caused by a heart attack
Any patients having these symptoms are advised to consult a physician.
What Are The Severe Side Effects Associated With The Use Of Multaq?
Drugs.com state that the severe side effects associated with the use of Multaq include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain, wheezing, trouble breathing, dry cough
- Breathing problems while laying down or trying to sleep
- Severe dizziness, fainting, fast/pounding heartbeats
- Slow heart rate, feeling like you may pass out
- a new or worsening irregular heartbeat pattern
- Signs of kidney problems: little or no urinating, painful or difficult urination, blood in your urine, swelling in feet or ankles and jaundice
What Are The Less Severe Side Effects Associated With The Use Of Multaq?
More common and less severe side effects associated with the use of multaq include:
- Stomach pain, indigestion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Feeling weak or tired
- Skin rash, itching or redness
Our Multaq Heart Damage Case Lawyers Can Help You
Our dangerous drug attorneys can help if you or someone you care about was harmed by Multaq. Lawsuits have been filed against the drug manufacturers by both patients and their families seeking compensation for injuries caused. You may be entitled to a settlement.
We do not charge any legal fees unless you receive a settlement and we pay all of the case costs. If your claim is not successful for any reason, you do not owe us anything. We put it all in writing for you. Our lawyers will help you file your lawsuit.
Our No-Fee Promise on Multaq Heart Attack Cases
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free.
Start Your Multaq Heart Attack Claim
Our Multaq heart attack case lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Multaq heart attack lawsuit claims.
Multaq Heart Failure Lawyer Review