Invokana Complications: Kidney Failure
Commonly asked questions about the link between Invokana and kidney failure:
- Can Invokana use lead to kidney failure?
- Can Invokana use increase the risk of developing kidney failure?
- What are the symptoms of kidney failure?
- What are the Criteria for Filing an Invokana Lawsuit?
- Can I file an Invokana kidney failure lawsuit?
- What are the severe side effects associated with Invokana use?
- What are the less severe side effects associated with Invokana use?
- How to start an Invokana kidney failure lawsuit
Can Invokana Use Lead To Kidney Failure?
Kidney failure is a potentially serious side effect of the diabetes drug Invokana.
The FDA warned in May 2015 that treatment with this medication can lead to diabetic ketoacidosis. This condition, if not timely treated or diagnosed, can lead to kidney failure.
Can Invokana Use Increase The Risk Of Developing Kidney Failure?
The FDA received 101 reports of confirmable cases of acute kidney injury between 2013 to 2015, some of these reported cases were sever enough to require hospitalization. The number that the FDA reported was only from cases that were actually submitted to them, it is very likely that there were also additional cases that they are unaware of.
What Are Symptoms of Kidney Failure?
There are many symptoms of acute kidney failure associated with diabetic ketoacidosis from patients taking the Invokana drug. You need to pay special attention to these symptoms to avoid permanent damage to the kidneys:
- Bloody stools
- Breath odor and metallic taste in the mouth
- Changes in mental status or mood
- Decreased appetite
- Decreased sensation in the hands or feet
- Unusual fatigue
- Flank pain (between the ribs and hips)
- High blood pressure
- Prolonged nausea or vomiting
- Nosebleeds and prolonged bleeding
- Shortness of breath
- Slow, sluggish movements
- Swelling due to the body keeping in fluid (may be seen in the legs, ankles, and feet)
- Urination changes
You should see your doctor or visit a hospital emergency department if you notice these symptoms in yourself or someone that you care about so that treatment can begin to prevent serious injury or harm. The physicians may discontinue your use of Invokana to prevent any permanent damage to your kidneys.
What are the Criteria for Filing an Invokana Lawsuit?
SGLT2 inhibitors work by preventing high blood sugar by helping the patient’s kidneys remove excess sugar through their urine.
In May 2015, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a warning the drug has been linked to cases of ketoacidosis, a serious condition where there is too much acid in the blood.
Complications of diabetic ketoacidosis include difficulty breathing, nausea/vomiting, abdominal pain, confusion and unusual fatigue or sleepiness. The condition can lead to diabetic coma and/or death.
Can I File an Invokana Kidney Failure Lawsuit?
Our Invokana drug attorneys can help if you or someone you care about suffered kidney failure from taking this diabetes drug. We are currently investigating claims against the drug manufacturer by both patients and their families seeking compensation for injuries caused by this medication. You may be entitled to a substantial settlement.
The national Invokana lawsuit alleges that the manufacturers and marketers of SGLT2 Inhibitors failed to warn patients and physicians of the increased risks of kidney failure, myocardial infarction (heart attacks), other cardiovascular issues, and ketoacidosis.
The lawsuit states that if the manufacturers and marketers had properly warned of the risks, patients would have been prescribed and taken a substitute medication for their diabetes and would have had their health monitored on a more routine basis for potential signs of heart issues, renal impairment, and high level of ketones.
If you suffered severe complications from taking an SGLT2 Inhibitor, you may be entitled to compensation. Below is the criteria required to file an SGLT2 Inhibitor lawsuit:
- Patient has taken Invokana, Invokamet, Farxiga, Glyxambi, Jardiance, or Xigduo XR and suffered one or more of the following:
- Kidney failure
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Heart attack
- Dehydration requiring hospitalization
- Bone fracture
Is There a TV Commercial about Invokana Lawsuits?
What Severe Side Effects Are Associated With Invokana Use?
There are a number of other serious side effects that can occur from the use of Invokana. These side effects include:
What Are The Less Severe Side Effects Associated With Invokana Use?
There are also a number of other less serious side effects associated with the use of Invokana, these side effects include:
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Increased urination
- Yeast Infections
- Skin sensitivity to sunlight
- Hypersensitivity reactions
Our No Fee Promise on Invokana Lawsuits
You can afford to have our great team of Invokana lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it costs you nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free
Start Your Invokana Lawsuit
To get started on your Invokana claim, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-3417 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have a claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Invokana lawsuit claims.