If a medical complication is developed within 48 hours of Exjade use and is the cause of an Exjade users death, the surviving estate members may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of their deceased loved one.
For a death during Exjade use to qualify for a wrongful death lawsuit your loved one must have experienced one of the following:
- Gastrointestinal Ulceration
- Gastrointestinal Hemmorhage
- Gastrointestinal Perforation
- Severe Skin Rash/Reaction
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (SJS)
- Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TEX)
The lawsuit filing process for an Exjade wrongful death lawsuit is very similar to the process for a standard Exjade dangerous drug lawsuit. However, all medical examinations will work to prove cause and timeline of death with possible settlements being awarded to the surviving estate members for damages caused by their loved ones death.
Have Exjade Related Deaths Been Reported?
For nearly a decade, the prevalent death risk of Exjade use has been known with warnings from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and other sources directed to the public.
In 2009, The FDA issued an “Early Communication About An Ongoing Safety Review Of Deferasirox (Exjade)” which warned of a major risk of consumer developed kidney or liver failure and gastrointestinal bleeding that all may prove fatal.
Additionally, in the same year the Institute for Safe Medical Practices placed Exjade in the number 2 slot for their list of “Most Frequently Suspected Drugs in Reported Patient Deaths.”
Some of the major conditions that have reportedly been connected with Exjade related deaths include:
- Renal Impairment/Failure
- Hepatic Impairment/Failure
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Leukocytoclastic Vasculities
Our No-Fee Promise On Exjade Complication Cases
You can afford to have our great team of Exjade lawyers on your side. If you choose us, it literally costs you nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a Exjade settlement
- Phone calls are always free
Start Your Exjade Claim
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have a claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Exjade lawsuit claims.