Multaq is a prescription drug developed by Sanofi-Aventis, that is used to keep the heart beating normally in people who have an irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia). It is also used to reduce the need for hospitalization due to diabetes, high blood pressure, history of a stroke or being over the age of 70.
Several of the side effects that may occur when taking this drug may not require medical attention. However if any of these side effects persist or become bothersome make sure to tell your doctor. Common side effects include:
- Lack or loss of strength
- Acid or sour stomach
- Irritation, itching or reddening of the skin
- Cracked or dry skin
Rare Side Effects
- Change in taste
- Increased skin sensitivity to sunlight
- Loss of taste
What Are The Requirements and Criteria For Filing a Multaq Lawsuit?
The requirements for filing a lawsuit against Sanofi-Aventis, the manufacturer of Multaq, include:
- Severe liver failure or injury, requiring hospitalization*
- Liver transplant
- Death with liver failure — identified as primary or secondary cause of death
- No pre-exisiting history of severe liver injury or hepatic dysfunction
- Concurrent use of Multaq at the time of diagnosis**
* Visitation to a physician’s office is not considered hospitalization.
**Elevated liver labs (example: ALT, AST, SGoT) alone are not sufficient for inclusion.
Our Multaq Lawyers Can Help You
Our dangerous drug lawyers can help if you or someone you care about was harmed as a result of taking Multaq. Lawsuits have been filed against the drug manufacturer for failure to adequately research their medication or warn about the risk of health problems. Both patients and their families are seeking compensation for injuries. You may be entitled to a settlement if you were harmed by Multaq.
Our No-Fee Promise On Multaq Cases
You can afford to have our great team of drug lawsuit lawyers on your side. If you choose us, it literally costs you nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free
Start Your Multaq Claim
Our Multaq drug lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have a claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing dangerous drug lawsuit claims.
Multaq Side Effects, Recall Information & Settlements