Onglyza (saxagliptin) was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in 2009 as a DPP-4 inhibitor created by AstraZeneca to combat the effects of type 2 diabetes.
New reports indicate a strong connection between Onglyza use and heart attack. This claim has been backed by multiple studies that culminated into an official FDA safety communication in 2013 acknowledging the link and warning consumers of the heart attack risk.
What Onglyza Heart Attack Lawsuit Information Is Available?
In the relatively short history of Onglyza-heart attack research, researchers have discovered plentiful information that indicates the drug is not nearly as safe as it was initially marketed.
The two most important aspects of the situation for Onglyza users to know are the dangers of this connection and the evidence backing it up.
Multiple studies have been conducted on Onglyza with many of them reporting similar results that indicated a significant spike in heart attacks in Onglyza users as opposed to non-Onglyza users.
Outside of evidential support for this connection, it is important to note that while the FDA has not issued a recall on the drug, lawsuits are being filed in large numbers against AstraZeneca.
Can I File An Onglyza Heart Attack Lawsuit?
With a plethora of information confirming a likely association between Onglyza and heart attacks, those who have dealt with heart attacks while or after taking Onglyza are beginning to file lawsuits.
Credible studies and an acknowledgment by the FDA offers Onglyza heart attack lawsuits exceptional evidential support.
To be deemed eligible to join the growing number of victims filing lawsuits against AstraZeneca you should contact an attorney and begin the legal process as soon as possible.
The preliminary steps of your legal process would include the acquisition and examination of your medical records by a medical team to determine if there is a clear correlation between your cancer and Onglyza use.
Additionally, the examination will work to prove that this occurred within the necessary state mandated deadlines.
If the event occurred within the deadlines, you will be able to proceed with your legal claims. However, if you have missed any of the relevant state deadlines, you may be deemed ineligible to continue any further with the legal process.
Additionally, to proceed your case will need to be covered by an allegation that AstraZeneca can be deemed responsible for, including:
- Failed to warn the public of the risks associated with taking Onglyza
- Failed to properly test Onglyza for dangerous side effects
- Withheld research data from the public about the drug dangers
- Sold the drug even though it knew it could be dangerous
- Manufactured and sold an unsafe product
Beginning your filing process as soon as possible is highly recommended by our legal network. Doing so, if determined as eligible, will grant you a longer time to undergo research and take additional necessary steps to further strengthen your case.
This proactiveness will be especially beneficial if a class action lawsuit becomes active as you will have a greater ability to determine which lawsuit method is most beneficial to your specific needs.
Top Four Reasons To File An Onglyza Heart Attack Lawsuit
The severity of heart attacks often means those afflicted with it and their loved ones are subjected to substantial lifestyle changes which can negatively effect financial stability and quality of life.
However, although the detrimental effects on life are great, victims oftentimes do not come forward and file lawsuits against those responsible for their health complications.
To determine why this occurs, our legal team has spoken to several dangerous drug victims who were initially timid about coming forward to decide how we can convince more victims to come forward and attempt to reclaim a resemblance of their life stability prior to Onglyza’s dangerous effects.
1. Descendants Can File For Wrongful Death: In the unfortunate event that a loved one passed due to complications brought on by their Onglyza use, the surviving members of their estate may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit. This lawsuit would aim to recover lost financial stability that occurred with the passing of your loved one.
2. Risk Free Endeavor: Most victims who do not come forward to file a claim cite a fear of immense legal fees inflicting more financial damage on them than if they just didn’t file. To quell these fears, we have created a written guarantee that our clients will not be charged anything unless they win a settlement.
3. Regain Financial Stability: Treatment for a heart attack is often costly and requires extensive time off work. This leaves many victims struggling to regain financial stability, adding another worrisome issue to their situation. A lawsuit will be able to secure you financial stability lost, allowing you to focus solely on your recovery.
4. Substantial Backing From Medical Data: Unlike other lawsuits that may be based on a small amount of public information, Onglyza lawsuits can cite multiple studies and FDA communications to prove that AstraZeneca was neglectful in protecting their consumers.
Our Onglyza Heart Attack Lawyers Can Help
Our dangerous drug attorneys can help you if someone you love had a heart attack after taking Onglyza. Lawsuits are expected to be filed against the makers of this medication. You may be entitled to a settlement.
Our No Fee Promise on Onglyza Cases
You can afford to have our great team of Onglyza lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive an Onglyza settlement
- Phone calls are always free
Start Your Onglyza Claim
Our Onglyza dangerous drug lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call 866-280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Onglyza lawsuit claims