Developed by Bayer AG and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in 2002, Essure is a non-surgical birth control implant that has been tied to controversy in recent years.
Thousands of reports have been filed with the FDA alleging that Essure devices are prone to failure leading to device failure and eventual migration. Severe medical complications have been reported in abundance and are now the subject of multiple major lawsuits filed against Bayer AG, these include:
- Abnormal bleeding
- Unintended pregnancies
- Severe pelvic pain
- Organ perforation
- Hair loss
- Memory lapses
What Is Important Essure Migration Lawsuit Information?
Since consumers filed initial complaints detailing major health hazards caused by a defective Essure device, a debate has raged between Bayer and consumers over the validity of consumers claims.
While defective Essure devices have led to the following injuries, Bayer has routinely refused to acknowledge any connection between their device and defects resulting in major health risks:
- Unwanted pregnancy
- Perforation of fallopian tubes
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Migration of device outside of fallopian tubes
Bayer has issued multiple statements, videos, and other forms of communications refuting the idea that their device could be linked to health complications including unwanted pregnancy and device migration.
In addition to combating the device manufacturer, victims and their representation have also – and continue to – battle against FDA regulatory rules.
Essure was approved by the FDA though the Premarket Approval (PMA) process. This process indicates that a device was subjected to the FDA’s most rigorous safety testing.
When a device undergoes the FDA’s PMA process, all future patients are stripped of their ability to sue the manufacturer for civil damages.
This policy has come under increased scrutiny as study inconsistencies have been discovered with the latest being non-medical professional signatures on Essure documents.
Additionally, some point to the lack of expecting nickel and other plastics allergies affecting consumerss as an indication that the process was not as “rigorous” as the FDA suggests.
However, U.S. District Judge R. Padova of Philadelphia recently ruled that five lawsuits against Bayer could proceed, superseding the FDA policy that the device was immune to the threat of lawsuits.
While other judges may interpret the situation and rule differently, Judge Padova’s decision has marked a milestone in women’s attempts to win justice against Bayer for their defective and dangerous device.
Am I Eligible To File An Essure Migration Lawsuit?
The decision by U.S. District Judge Padova indicated a change in momentum regarding Essure lawsuits in favor of those who have fallen victim to Essure use.
Bayer still refuses to acknowledge and actively denies any connections between Essure and the dangerous health complications cited by alleged victims.
However, a recent judgement by an FDA panel resulted in Bayer being required to undergo additional post-market testing on Essure to determine the validity of consumer complaints.
With more information likely to become public in the near future and thousands of victims coming forward, there are more opportunities than ever for victims to come forward and file a lawsuit against Bayer AG.
Anyone is eligible to investigate their lawsuit eligibility and begin the legal process of such, but there are several steps to ensuring that you have a viable lawsuit.
The most basic step that must be taken to determine eligibility is to undergo a thorough medical record examination.
In the event that you pursue legal action with an attorney from our legal network as your representation, we will order your records and have our medical staff examine them free of charge.
If a medical record examination indicates Essure related health complications, the next step to determining your lawsuit eligibility is to investigate your respective state dangerous device lawsuit deadlines.
Dangerous device deadlines vary per state, if it can be proved that your claims occurred within the relevant deadlines, your case will be eligible to move forward in pursuit of a lawsuit.
What Are The Top 5 Reasons to File An Essure Migration Lawsuit?
Pursuing a dangerous device lawsuit is a daunting task for many victims. After facing health complications that take their toll physically, financially, and emotionally, some victims feel that the pursuit of a lawsuit will take a greater toll on their personal life than they can afford.
Unfortunately, victims who feel this way are left battling their situation alone in an uphill battle.
In response to reaching out to victims and seeking to understand the mindset behind those who have not filed a lawsuit, our legal team has comprised a list of the top reasons to file an Essure lawsuit.
Our goal is to empower all defective device victims to pursue legal action to claim their just compensation to expedite their recovery process and win justice for their injuries.
1. Cost of Medical Expenses: The nature of Essure migration health complications often means extensive medical expenses and lost wages due to missed work time. A lawsuit can result in a settlement that will compensate for these financial damages and allow you to return to a sense of normalcy.
2. We Minimize Your Risk: Victims often worry that a lawsuit will result in crippling legal fees that will render a victim worse off than before. To defeat that fear, our legal team guarantees in writing a no-fee guarantee in which our clients will not be charged any fees unless they win a settlement.
3. Public Nature of Device: Unlike most dangerous device lawsuits, Essure has gained prominence in the publics eye. This has been achieved through Facebook groups encompassing thousands of victims speaking out to get justice. This public nature offers awareness and support for victims who file lawsuits.
4. Congressional Efforts: Since Essure dangers were first reported, a bipartisan bill has been pushed on the congressional floor looking to ban the distribution of Essure until adequate safety measures have been taking. Congressional pressure on Bayer and the FDA offers victims a unique advantage in Essure lawsuits.
Our Essure Birth Control Lawyers Can Help You
Our Essure birth control attorneys can help if you or someone you care about was harmed by an Essure birth control device. Lawsuits have been filed against the device makers by both patients and their families seeking compensation for injuries caused. You may be entitled to a settlement.
We do not charge any legal fees unless you receive a settlement and we pay all of the case costs. If your claim is not successful for any reason, you do not owe us anything. We put it all in writing for you. Our lawyers will help you file your lawsuit.
Our No-Fee Promise on Essure Birth Control Cases
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free.
Start Your Essure Birth Control Claim
Our Essure birth control device lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Essure birth control lawsuit claims.