Multaq (dronedarone) was designed by Sanofi-Aventis to regulate heartbeat in those who suffered from irregular heart beat rhythm symptoms and was approved for this use by the FDA in 2009.
Since its approval in 2009, the FDA has issued multiple safety communications and two black box warning requirements in response to new information identifying Multaq as responsible for several severe health complications.
These newly discovered side effects now include:
- Acute liver failure
- Interstitial lung disease (ILD)
- Sudden cardiac death
- Blood vessel inflammation
- Systemic embolism (blood clot)
- Hospitalization for heart failure
- Pulmonary toxicity
What Is Important Multaq Liver Damage Information To Know?
Since a 2011 FDA safety communication issued a black box warning on Multaq for potential liver damage, lawsuits on behalf of those who have suffered from this condition have gained prominence.
That same year, the European Medicines Agency issued a recommendation declaring that Multaq use should be limited due to its severe side effects.
However, the most startling piece of information to come from these newly discovered side effects are the results of two independent studies conducted by Sanofi-Aventis.
In these studies, it was determined the Multaq carried high death rates in certain groups of patients, which has caused widespread caution when pondering Multaq use.
Various studies and reports have also identified several symptoms that indicate Multaq triggered liver damage. These include:
- Not feeling well
- Yellowing of skin or the whites of eyes
- Dark-colored urine
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
With the availability of new information, lawsuits alleging liver failure attributed to Multaq use have gained significant credibility.
January 2016 saw the filing of a lawsuit in the U.S District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina. The lawsuit was filed on behalf of multiple plaintiffs who identified Sanofi-Aventis as the primary holder of responsibility for failing to disclose information necessary to protect consumers from its dangerous drug.
Results of this case as well as already filed lawsuits will work to set a precedent on the settlements and legal action firms will take when pursing compensation for liver damages caused by Multaq in the future.
Am I Eligible To File A Multaq Liver Damage Lawsuit?
As more information identifying dangerous health complications associated with Multaq use has come out, more lawsuits attempting to recover compensation for damages have emerged.
Those who believe they suffered any adverse health complication due to their use of Multaq should contact an attorney immediately to determine if they are eligible to file a dangerous drug lawsuit against Sanofi-Aventis.
The basic criteria that must be met in order to pursue legal action for Multaq induced liver damage is as follows:
- Severe liver failure or injury, requiring hospitalization
- Liver transplant
- Death with liver failure — identified as primary or secondary cause of death
- No pre-exisiting history of severe liver injury or hepatic dysfunction
- Concurrent use of Multaq at the time of diagnosis
To determine if you meet this criteria, our legal team will acquire your medical records and send them to our elite-medical team for a thorough review to determine the validity of your case.
Once our medical team can confirm that your claims meet our criteria, we will begin pursuing the necessary legal action to prepare your lawsuit for filing.
Our high-powered legal team will be able to construct a strong and credible case on your behalf to ensure the highest chances of settlement acquisition is met.
As more lawsuits are filed against Sanofi-Aventis, previous dangerous drug cases indicate that there is a high probability of a class action lawsuit forming.
If a class action lawsuit is formed, our legal team can work with you to gain eligibility to join, if it is determined that it provides you with the best chance of securing a significant settlement.
What Are The Top 5 Reasons To File a Multaq Lawsuit?
Often, victims of dangerous drugs do not come forward and file lawsuits over fears of what a dangerous drug lawsuit may entail. In response, our attorneys have come together to determine the top 5 reasons you should come forward and file a Multaq dangerous drug lawsuit if you believe you were a victim of drug related health complications.
1. Studies Conducted By Sanofi-Aventis: As detailed earlier in this article, studies conducted by Multaq manufacturer Sanofi-Aventis, indicated an increase risk of death of various users of Multaq. With evidence of dangerous health risks that were previously undisclosed to medical professionals and patients now public and supported by the drug manufacturer, cases have a significant base of hard-evidence to draw support and credibility from.
2. Severity of Drug Related Health Risks: The health risks associated with Multaq use oftentimes result in life-altering long-term health issues. The necessity of victims to alter their own lifestyle due to Multaq can cause added burden and emotional pain and suffering. This damage should not be left on the victim alone to correct, especially as they had no part in triggering it.
3. Additional Economic Burden: Whether a Multaq user suffered liver, heart, or any additional health complications due to drug use, the results are often serious and require medical attention. Oftentimes, this results in victims racking up significant medical expenses as well as lost wages from being unable to attend work. A lawsuit can recover compensation for these damages and reinstate former financial security.
4. Low-Risk Endeavor: Fear of further financial ruin due to legal expenses or exhaustive legal processes are often cited as primary reasons victims of dangerous drug lawsuits don’t come forward. To quell these fears for our clients, we guarantee in writing that our clients will not be billed any charge unless they win a settlement. Additionally, we work to take as much pressure off our clients as possible.
5. Experience of Legal Network: Unlike a majority of other legal networks who pursue dangerous drug cases against major pharmaceutical companies, our network employs the necessary resources and skill to effectively combat the high-powered attorneys used by companies like Sanofi-Aventis. This allows our clients to take confidence in the work we do and know that we will always work for what truly serves their best interests rather than what offers a quick end to a case.
Our No-Fee Promise On Multaq Cases
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free
Start Your Multaq Claim
Our Multaq drug lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Multaq drug lawsuit claims.