Many patients who have had IVC filters implanted and suffered serious of life threatening complications are now faced with the choice of filing a lawsuit against the makers of the devices. Lawsuits for IVC filters were first filed in 2010, and continue to increase in number each year. The devices are linked to major complications, including organ perforation, device migration, device fracture, and in rare cases, even death.
Here are five reasons why you should consider filing an IVC filter lawsuit if you have been harmed by one of these devices.
- Your medical expenses continue to increase. Complications such as organ perforation and device migration are serious and require immediate medical attention. In some cases, immediate surgery is required to remove the device, and extended hospital stays are often associated with these procedures. This can be extraordinarily costly. If you are not covered by insurance, or have large co-pays, you will want to recoup your expenses from the device manufacturer.
- You have missed work due to complications arising from your IVC filter. Loss of income and earnings is a large problem for anyone suffering from medical complications. IVC filter settlements will include reimbursement for the wages you lost while on leave from work. Also included in the settlement is payment for the loss of future earnings if you are unable to return to work. In cases involving death, the surviving family members may be able to assert a claim for their loss of financial support.
- You have suffered through extreme pain. IVC filter complications are dangerous, and can result in immense physical pain. An IVC filter lawsuit can compensate you for your pain and suffering.
- It is a simple process. Really! A common misconception is that drug and device lawsuits are complicated and require a large effort on your part to file. This is not true. Simply call us, tell us your story, and we will do all the work obtaining your medical records, pharmacy records, and filing the lawsuit itself. We handle everything from start to finish for you.
- It will cost you nothing. There are no legal fees at all to speak with us and file your lawsuit. We will pay for all court costs and related expenses for your case. You will only be responsible for attorney fees once you have received your settlement check. If your case is unsuccessful for any reason, you will owe us nothing.
Our IVC Filter Lawyers Can Help You
Our dangerous device attorneys can help if you or someone you care about was harmed by an IVC filter. Lawsuits have been filed against the device makers by both patients and their families seeking compensation for injuries caused. You may be entitled to a settlement. We do not charge any legal fees unless you receive a settlement and we pay all of the case costs. If your claim is not successful for any reason, you do not owe us anything. We put it all in writing for you. Our lawyers will help you file your lawsuit.
Our No Fee Promise on IVC Filter Cases
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free.
Start Your IVC Filter Claim
Our IVC filter lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing IVC filter lawsuit claims.