The drug is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI), a common class of drug that over the last decade has been found to carry dangerous, previously undisclosed side effects that include kidney failure and dementia.
Some of the other uncommon side effects include:
|Allergic Reactions||Chest Pain|
|Dark Urine||Fast Heartbeat|
|Persistent Sore Throat||Severe Stomach Pain|
|Unusual Bruising/Bleeding||Yellowing of Eyes/Skin|
Do Nexium Victims File Dangerous Drug Lawsuits Against AstraZeneca?
Nexium is frequently ranked as one of the top ten grossing drugs in the United States.
With this popularity, the drug reaches millions of users potentially unknowingly subjecting those consumers to dangerous side effects.
However, as is common with many dangerous drug situations, not all victims have come forward to file a lawsuit.
Many victims are fearful that they will have no chance at winning a case against a major pharmaceutical company and will end up without a settlement but burdened with crippling legal costs that will leave them worse off than before.
Why Should You File A Nexium Dangerous Drug Lawsuit?
Our legal team wants to make the legal process as comfortable as possible for our clients. In being driven by this goal, we have sat down with past clients and discussed what fears they had as they began pursuing legal action.
In understanding what fears are most common in dangerous drug victims who are considering taking legal action, we have compiled this list detailing the top reasons to file and why as a victim, pursuing legal action should quell your fears rather than stoke them.
1. AstraZeneca’s Recent Legal Troubles: AstraZeneca has been the subject of several lawsuits in recent years which has resulted in two settlements totaling nearly $28 million paid. The nature of these lawsuits – regarding illegal practices regarding Nexium – gives consumers a substantial legal basis in filing against AstraZeneca.
2. Medical Data: Much of the time, drug lawsuits are based on debated medical claims that a drug manufacturer can attempt to effectively fight in court. However, in the case of Nexium, there have been multiple in-depth studies conducted on PPIs over the past decade that have all yielded similar results indicating serious health risks associated with Nexium.
3. Recover Financial Damage: Depending on the nature of your health complication, an undue financial burden from medical expenses, missed work, etc. was likely placed on you. Filing a dangerous drug lawsuit allows you to recover the financial damages your Nexium injuries caused.
4. Wrongful Death: Health complications associated with Nexium can be life-threatening if not treated quickly enough. In the unfortunate event that a loved one passed away due to Nexium related complications, surviving estate members can file a lawsuit on their behalf to recover financial and at times, punitive damages to compensate for the stability lost with your loved done.
5. No-Fee Guarantee: By far the number one reason victims don’t come forward is the fear of being hit with huge legal expenses and being financial worse off than before they pursued legal action. To defeat this fear, we guarantee to our clients in writing that you will never pay a single fee unless you win a settlement in your case. You will never be left worse off after legal action than before.
Our Nexium Kidney Injury Lawyers Can Help You
Our dangerous prescription and over-the-counter drug lawyers can help you if you or someone you love has been diagnosed with serious kidney complications after taking Nexium. Lawsuits are expected to be filed against the makers of this medication. You may be entitled to a Nexium settlement.
Our No Fee Promise on Nexium Cases
You can afford to have our great team of Nexium lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees unless you receive a Nexium settlement
- Phone calls are always free
Start Your Nexium Claim
Our Nexium lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-3417 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Nexium lawsuit claims.