Zimmer knee replacement devices have been the subject of much controversy lately, as concerns have increased about the potential side-effects of having knee replacement surgery. Among the complications believed to be associated with Zimmer knee replacements, serious bone fracturing and osteolysis have been documented in some individuals. Lawsuits are currently being filed against Zimmer Holdings for failing to produce safe and reliable equipment. Here is a list of the top 5 reasons you should consider filing a lawsuit if you have suffered injuries as a result of a zimmer knee replacement device.
1. Pain & Suffering: Individuals who have received Zimmer knee implants often have complications that result in extreme pain and suffering. This can be due to the components inside the implant loosening, which in turn can lead to the grinding of the implant against bone from regular every day activities. This can eventually cause bone fractures.
2. Disability: When a knee implant fails, it can be debilitating to the patient. If component loosening has occurred, an individual may no longer feel stable on his or her knee and may be completely unable to walk. Even if the device is stable enough to support the patient, extreme amounts of pain when walking can limit how much time the patient is able to be on their feet.
3. Medical Expenses: The cost of knee replacement surgery can be astronomically expensive. When devices fail, and the patient must schedule appointments, revision surgeries, and follow-up check ups, the cost can quickly add up. Lawsuits against Zimmer seek compensation for the medical expenses incurred as a result of a failed device.
4. Lost Income: Patients who receive knee implant surgery often are required to take an excessive amount of time off work due to the time it takes to perform the surgery and recover. When the implant fails, more time must be taken off due to extreme difficulty walking, as well as additional surgeries required to correct the malfunctioning device. This can lead to significant amounts of wages being lost due to time away from work. Settlements can include compensation for lost wages in these situations.
5. Rehabilitation & Home Health Care: After replacement surgery, many patients must complete rehabilitation on their knee and spend exorbitant amounts of money on home health care, if they are unable to leave their residence. Lawsuits against Zimmer seek to recover the expenses incurred for rehabilitation and health care.
Zimmer Knee Replacement Lawsuits
These are just a few reasons why you should consider filing a Zimmer knee lawsuit if you or a loved one has been injured by a knee implant. If any of these circumstances apply to you, you may be able to recover compensation for the trouble you have endured. There are time deadlines to filing defective device lawsuits, so it is important you contact an attorney right away to go over your options.
Our No Fee Promise on Zimmer Cases
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free
Start Your Zimmer Knee Replacement Claim
Our knee replacement lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing knee replacement lawsuit claims.