Fluoroquinolone drugs are popular antibiotics that effectively dispatch infections from patients’ bodies. Levaquin is one type of fluoroquinolone medication. The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has required the manufacturer of Levaquin to disclose, on the drug’s label, the risk of a condition called peripheral sensorimotor neuropathy.
Many lawsuits have accused Levaquin’s manufacturer of withholding important safety information for a long time. One pending lawsuit alleges that the manufacturer knew since 1992 that Levaquin could cause peripheral sensorimotor neuropathy but failed to warn patients and their physicians of the danger. The plaintiff in that case has alleged that the manufacturer disclosed the following incorrect information:
- that the risk of peripheral neuropathy was “rare,” and
- that a patient could avoid the illness by discontinuing Levaquin when he or she developed the symptoms of the sickness.
Peripheral sensorimotor neuropathy is a serious illness. It can cause severe, permanent nerve damage. It is an unpredictable condition that can develop very quickly—a few days after the patient took the drug—or more than a year after treatment with Levaquin.
It is also very difficult to predict in advance which patients have a greater risk of developing peripheral neuropathy for these reasons:
- the FDA has said that the rate of peripheral sensorimotor neuropathy could not be calculated or identified;
- no age group appears to have a greater or lesser risk of developing the illness than any other age group; and
- no risk factors for the illness have been identified to help doctors and patients to decide whether to use Levaquin.
Our Fluoroquinolone Lawyers Can Help You
Our Fluoroquinolone attorneys can help if you or someone you care about was harmed by Fluoroquinolone. Lawsuits have been filed against the drug maker by both patients and their families seeking compensation for injuries caused by these dangerous drugs. You may be entitled to a settlement. We do not charge any legal fees unless you receive a settlement and we pay all of the case costs. If your claim is not successful for any reason, you do not owe us anything. We put it in all in writing for you. Our Fluoroquinolone lawyers will help you file your lawsuit.
Our No Fee Promise on Fluoroquinolone Cases
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free.
Start Your Fluoroquinolone Claim
Our Fluoroquinolone lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Fluoroquinolone lawsuit claims.