Renal Failure, or acute kidney failure, is a serious complication that has been linked to Invokana use. Invokana, a fairly new type 2 diabetes drug produced and distributed by Janssen Pharmaceutica, has recently had its legitimacy called into question after several studies have identified severe and potentially life-threatening side-effects from the drug.
Renal failure affects more than 100,000 people in the United States each year. Even more stunning, is that nearly half of these kidney failures (43.8%) occur in people who have diabetes. Kidney failure happens when the kidneys are no longer able to filter harmful waste from the bloodstream. Failure can take place over the course of a few days or sometimes even just a few hours. When dangerous levels of waste accumulate in the blood, the patients life can be put at risk. Renal failure is reversible if treated in a timely manner, and many people recover normal or almost normal kidney function.
Managing Your Diabetes
Individuals with diabetes are already at a high risk for renal failure, and those taking Invokana are now believe to be at an ever higher risk. It is important for these individuals to closely monitor their health. Here is a list of helpful tips patients at risk of kidney failure should follow.
- Ask your health care provider to measure AC1 level at least twice per year. You should aim to keep this number below 7%.
- Work with your health care provider regarding insulin injections, medicines, meal planning, exercise, and blood sugar monitoring.
- Have your blood pressure checked several times per year.
- Ask your health care provider to measure eGFR at least once per year. This is a measure of how well the kidneys are functioning.
- Ask your health care provider to measure the amount of protein in your urine. This is a test for kidney damage.
- Ask for a referral to a registered dietitian to help with meal planning.
Our Invokana Lawsuit Lawyers Can Help You
Our dangerous drug attorneys can help if you or someone you care about was harmed by Invokana. Claims are being investigated against the pharmaceutical company by patients and their families seeking compensation for injuries caused by this dangerous drug. You may be entitled to a settlement.
Settlements are being sought for your pain and suffering and disability caused by the side-effects of of Invokana. Compensation in these cases will also include medical expenses and loss if income.
Our No Fee Promise on Invokana Lawsuits
You can afford to have our great team of Invokana lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it costs you nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free
Start Your Invokana Lawsuit
To get started on your Invokana claim, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have a claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Invokana lawsuit claims.