Abilify (aripiprazole) is an atypical antipsychotic drug developed to combat depression and other conditions of psychological symptoms. While it gained FDA approval in 2002, it has seen increased controversy as its manufacturers, Bristol-Myers Squibb and Otsuka Pharmaceuticals, allegedly hid knowledge of dangerous drug triggered health complications in consumers.
These health complications that have since been disclosed to the public include:
- Compulsive gambling
- Compulsive shopping/spending
- Compulsive eating, excessive weight gain
- Suicidal thoughts
Why Don’t People File Lawsuits Against Pharmaceutical Companies?
While dangerous drugs frequently reek havoc on their consumers, consumers often don’t pursue legal action to its fullest extent.
This stems in the belief that the average consumer doesn’t have a well-enough equipped ally to effectively combat the resource wealthy and influential pharmaceutical companies.
A fear of being stuck with a losing case and additional economic costs is frequently cited as a primary deterrent for filing a dangerous drug case.
Why Should You File An Abilify Dangerous Drug Lawsuit?
In response to discussing the biggest deterrents to filing dangerous drug lawsuits with our clients, our legal team has crafted the six reasons to file an Abilify dangerous drug lawsuit. These reasons combat the most common fears and concerns our clients expressed to us.
1. You won’t be charged any legal fees unless you win: In response to the common fear that an unsuccessful lawsuit would result in additional financial ruin, we created our written guarantee that our clients will not be charged for anything unless they win their case. We have eliminated any risk associated with pursuing legal action against pharmaceutical companies.
2. Our legal network has the resources needed to combat pharmaceutical companies: Clients frequently express a feeling of hopelessness in going up against major pharmaceutical companies due to their vast resources. However, our legal network combines the skills, experiences, and resources of several top law firms in the United States that allow us to go against pharmaceutical giants and come out on top.
3. Bristol-Myers Squibb Hid Health Information From Consumers: Regulatory agencies in Europe and Canada acknowledged risks that Bristol-Myers Squibb refused to disclose as early as 2012. This means that for at least 4 years – and possibly longer – Bristol-Myers Squibb knowingly hid valuable health information from its U.S consumers.
4. Abilify side effects led to significant financial destruction: The nature of the compulsions developed as a result of Abilify use routinely lead to financial destruction. The destruction at times is so significant that victims are no longer financially stable. A lawsuit against Bristol-Myers Squibb will offer clients the ability to recover compensation for the financial damage incurred due to Abilify complications – securing financial stability once more.
5. Rising medical expenses: With Abilify reportedly causing diabetes and suicidal thoughts among other complications, substantial medical expenses can be required to correct the complications Abilify has caused. Just as compulsive behaviors lead to financial ruin, so can rising medical expenses. A dangerous drug lawsuit offer sour clients the chance to recover compensatory damages to cover their ever-rising medical bills.
6. Legal precedent against Bristol-Myers Squibb: Lawsuits got their start in 2007 after Bristol-Myers Squibb refused to deny allegations that they failed to disclose information regarding Abilify’s multiple health risks and paid medical professionals to prescribe Abilify. This refusal ended in the company settling with the U.S government for $515 million. In refusing to deny these allegations and later settling the case brought against them, there is a legal precedent building against Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Our Abilify Lawyers Can Help You
Our dangerous drug lawyers can help if you or someone you care about was harmed as a result of taking Abilify. Lawsuits have been filed against the drug manufacturer for allegedly downplaying this risk information. Both patients and their families are seeking compensation for injuries. You may be entitled to a settlement if you were harmed by Abilify.
Our No-Fee Promise On Abilify Cases
You can afford to have our great team of Abilify lawyers on your side. If you choose us, it literally costs you nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive an Abilify settlement
- Phone calls are always free
Start Your Abilify Claim
Our Abilify drug lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have a claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Abilify lawsuit claims.