It turns out women who have been injured by the defective medical device transvaginal mesh may still suffer health complications even after the mesh is removed.

The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists recently published a series of articles on the current state of vaginal mesh and how it’s used in surgery called, “What is New in the Use of Mesh in Vaginal Surgery: Best Articles from the Past Year.” One of the most important issues in the article touches upon what happens after doctors remove the mesh from a suffering patient’s body. Does it cause all of the complications to subside or are they still left harmed by the device?

What Happens After Removal

After conducting a review of patients who underwent surgery to remove the transvginal mesh, it was found that 51percent of patients reported their symptoms had subsided, including feelins of pain. However, that leaves 49 percent of women who still suffered complications from the device, even after it was excised. Furthermore, of those women who did not report a resolution of their symptoms, more than half of them identified persistent or chronic pain as the primary problem. Other long-term health complications include nerve damage, persistent infections, the inability to sit down, the inability to urinate without the use of a catheter, and the inability to have intercourse that wasn’t painful.

This does not come as a surprise considering some of the lawsuits filed against transvaginal mesh manufacturers such as Ethicon. In one case, a woman was awarded a $3.35 million verdict in 2013 because she suffered years of chronic pain, neurological damage and scar tissue. Furthermore, she endured 18 surgeries related to her transvaginal mesh implant’s complications.

Our No Fee Promise on Transvaginal Mesh Cases

You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:

  • No money to get started
  • We pay all case costs and expenses
  • No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
  • Phone calls are always free.

Start Your Transvaginal Mesh Claim

Our transvaginal mesh lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:

  1. Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
  2. Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.

We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.

WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing transvaginal mesh lawsuit claims.

  • Was this information helpful?
  • Yes   No