Multaq Complications: Liver Damage
Commonly asked questions about liver damage and its link to Multaq:
- Can Multaq cause liver damage
- Multaq lawsuits and liver damage
- What symptoms are associated with liver damage?
- Can I file a Benicar liver damage lawsuit?
- What are the severe side effects associated with Multaq use?
- What are the less severe side effects associated with Multaq use?
- Our no-fee promise on Multaq liver damage cases
- How to start your Multaq liver damage claim
Can Multaq Cause Liver Damage?
Numerous studies have linked Multaq (dronedarone) to acute liver damage.
In 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration released a safety communication about severe liver damage associated with Multaq. The agency recommended that health care professionals advise patients “to contact a healthcare professional immediately if they experience signs and symptoms of hepatic injury or toxicity while taking dronedarone.”
The FDA received reports of liver damage in patients who took Multaq pills, including two reports of patients undergoing liver transplants. Both patients who required liver transplantation were over 70 years old, had no preexisting liver problems and ingested Multaq between 4-6 months.
Multaq Lawsuits & Liver Damage
Post-marketing surveillance has also demonstrated a potential link of Multaq with congestive heart failure and hepatic (liver) damage.
Information about the potential risk of liver damage from dronedarone is being added to the warnings and precautions and adverse reactions sections of dronedarone labels. Any patients having these symptoms are advised to consult a physician. According to Healthline, symptoms may include:
- Not feeling well
- Yellowing of skin or the whites of eyes
- Dark-colored urine
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
What Are The Symptoms of Liver Damage?
The initial symptoms of liver damage are oftentimes similar to other conditions, and — as a result — may initially difficult to diagnose. Symptoms may include:
- Loss of appetite
As liver damage progresses, the symptoms become more serious, requiring urgent care. Symptoms may include:
- Bleeding easily
- Mental disorientation or confusion
Can I File A Multaq Liver Damage Lawsuit?
Our dangerous drug attorneys can help if you or someone you care about suffered from liver damage due to taking Multaq. Our attorneys are currently investigating claims against the drug manufacturer by both patients and their families seeking compensation for injuries caused by this medication. You may be entitled to a substantial settlement.
What Severe Side Effects Are Associated With The Use Of Multaq?
Drugs.com state that the severe side effects associated with the use of Multaq include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain, wheezing, trouble breathing, dry cough
- Breathing problems while laying down or trying to sleep
- Severe dizziness, fainting, fast/pounding heartbeats
- Slow heart rate, feeling like you may pass out
- a new or worsening irregular heartbeat pattern
- Signs of kidney problems: little or no urinating, painful or difficult urination, blood in your urine, swelling in feet or ankles and jaundice
What Are The Less Severe Side Effects Associated With The Use Of Multaq?
More common and less severe side effects associated with the use of multaq include:
- Stomach pain, indigestion, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Feeling weak or tired
- Skin rash, itching or redness
Our Multaq Liver Damage Case Lawyers Can Help You
Our dangerous drug attorneys can help if you or someone you care about was harmed by Multaq. Lawsuits have been filed against the drug manufacturers by both patients and their families seeking compensation for injuries caused. You may be entitled to a settlement.
We do not charge any legal fees unless you receive a settlement and we pay all of the case costs. If your claim is not successful for any reason, you do not owe us anything. We put it all in writing for you. Our lawyers will help you file your lawsuit.
Our No-Fee Promise on Multaq Liver Damage Cases
You can afford to have our great team of lawyers on your side. When you choose us, it literally costs nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free.
Start Your Multaq Liver Damage Claim
Our Multaq liver damage case lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing Multaq liver damage lawsuit claims.