Multaq is a prescription drug developed by Sanofi-Aventis, that is used to keep the heart beating normally in people who have an irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia). It is also used to reduce the need for hospitalization due to diabetes, high blood pressure, history of a stroke or being over the age of 70.
While taking this drug you should avoid consuming grapefruit and grapefruit juice. The consumption of grapefruit can increase the amount of multaq in your system, making it more likely for you to experience side effects as well as being potentially dangerous.
What Are The Requirements and Criteria For Filing a Multaq Lawsuit?
The requirements for filing a lawsuit against the manufacturer Sanofi-Aventis, include:
- Severe liver failure or injury, requiring hospitalization*
- Liver transplant
- Death with liver failure — identified as primary or secondary cause of death
- No pre-exisiting history of severe liver injury or hepatic dysfunction
- Concurrent use of Multaq at the time of diagnosis**
* Visitation to a physician’s office is not considered hospitalization.
**Elevated liver labs (example: ALT, AST, SGoT) alone are not sufficient for inclusion.
Our Multaq Lawyers Can Help You
Our dangerous drug lawyers can help if you or someone you care about was harmed as a result of taking this drug.
Lawsuits have been filed against the drug manufacturer for failure to adequately research their medication or warn about the risk of health problems. Both patients and their families are seeking compensation for injuries. You may be entitled to a settlement if you were harmed by the use of this drug.
Our No-Fee Promise On Multaq Cases
You can afford to have our great team of drug lawsuit lawyers on your side. If you choose us, it literally costs you nothing to get started. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free
Start Your Multaq Claim
Our top rated lawyers will help you file your lawsuit. To get started, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page, or
- Call (866) 280-4722 any time of day to tell us about your case.
We will listen to your story and answer your questions. If you have a claim, we will start immediately.
WARNING: There are strict time deadlines for filing drug lawsuit claims.